Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blogger's Event Experience

What can you expect in a Blogger's Event?

at first I didn't know what to expect ( because obviously its my first time, and in my mind all I could think of is I am excited), I even don't know what to wear, I feel like I am an actress going to a premier night of my movie that you have to look good, that you have to wear a smiling face.

but as we know, our expectations isn't always what we get.

when we got there at the venue Greenbelt 3, Cinema 1. BTW my Father and my brother are with me at that time, but common' they are guys, I know its not their type of event. but hey at least they are there to support even if there's a storm. ( Thank you very much guys).

back to the story..

When we got there, I saw couple of people who are taking pictures, socializing. I also saw posters of Nuffnang and PLDT my DSL. and I said to myself, " I am in the right place"

and next question is, where to get my free tickets?

I saw the registration booth just in front of the Cinema 1, I was about to asked where can I get the tickets, and the woman beside the table asked me with a smiling face about the URL of my blog, I should admit I don't know what to say but my URL came softly out of my mouth as if I am an expert blogger ( which is not true off course), after that they told me to write my name on their paper and off course sign it. and then as soon as you know I am already holding the free tickets + flyers.

I was a bit shocked why is it that some one is taking my picture ( I told myself, oh crap I looked wasted) and I suddenly realize its like what I expect, premier night, walking the red carpet, people taking pictures, flashing lights all over you. but one thing isn't there people shouting your name.

after that, I showed my ticket to my father and my brother. and asked some questions about how I got the ticket, Etc. ( I was a bit exhausted answering their question, but same for myself, I'm still wondering how I got the ticket ).

let's fast forward the story of mine.

when its already 10 minutes before the show starts, I am already in the cinema 1 when I heard a man talking on microphone, I was like what the hell, but I didn't mind, I find a suitable seat. then listen to what the man was saying, I did tried to join and answer some of his question but, some of the bloggers present are so fast with their feet that I find it hard to compete.

so I didn't won anything. no wifi+modem, but I did have a good time, and for me attending the event is like on a spa relaxing, forgetting problems for awhile. in short I had a good time.

When the movie titled " The Social Network " started, everybody was quiet, listening, watching attentively, laughing at the right lines. I also did enjoy watching it. The story itself is interesting.
A page turner for a book as they say.

After the movie was done, I was out of the cinema, the event was done as I know, I already saw my Dad and my Brother. ( and then they asked me again what was the movie about, And I should say I am excited to tell them what was the movie is all about, because just like what I said, Its a page turner )

and then, when we are set to go home. It didn't even crossed my mind that I was tired. Because I really did have a good time.

I hoped I could join another blogger's event. Its such a wonderful experience for a first time blogger like me.

because even if it doesn't fulfill my expectations, at least I know to myself that I DID have a good time, and did have a bonding time with my family as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment