Monday, February 14, 2011

PostCrossing is the Answer

As I spend my valentines day in front of the computer. You know, check my facebook account, think of some appropriate topic to write about on my blog, this thing suddenly cross my mind and I said
"Hey I wanted to receive a postcard." 
I think this idea of mine came from my cousins who loves to collect postcards. 

So the next problem that I encounter was, What site was it? The only solution that I can come up with was to asked the ever friendly google. After a few trials it never failed to give me an answer.

I found this site called PostCrossing, the postcard crossing project.

This is the site where you just have to register, complete the information needed, then you may now request for the address where you could send your postcard. The good thing about this is once you have sent a postcard to someone and they had confirmed that they'd received it. You can now also receive a postcard from a random person around the world. vice versa.

  1.  To be a member of the postcrossing, click the link provided above, and click the sign-up in the blue box located on the upper left corner of the site.
  2.  Fill up the necessary details especially the address. Then click the sign me up button.
  3. After signing in, you must also confirm your registration because the site won't allow you to get any addresses unless you confirmed the link they had sent you in your email account.After confirming your account, you may now set some information that would be seen by people who would send you a postcard, you can also describe what kind of postcard you'd like to receive.
  4. After the confirmation and editing of your profile, you may now start getting addresses of random people around the world. In getting their address you MUST ALSO copy the postcard ID provided whenever you will get a new address, and don't forget to include it in the postcards that you will send. Because the receiver of your postcard will have to confirm it to the site using the postcard ID, so that the site would know that you sent a postcard.
  5. After successfully sending one to five postcards, you may now also receive postcards.

Using PostCrossing for me is another way in socializing to other people around the world. And PostCrossing can fulfill your excitement in receiving mails. Seriously.

So as a new member of postcrossing. I would excitingly try this out. And hope that it will turn out well.
Can't wait to meet new friends.  

Happy PostCrossing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment