Friday, January 14, 2011

DAY 1: Milky Way Chocolate Bar

DAY 1

As I scanned through the net, I got this following information about the Milky Way Chocolate Bar.


The Milky Way bar was created in 1923 by Frank C. Mars and originally manufactured in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was the first commercially distributed filled chocolate bar. The name and taste was taken from a famed malted milk drink (milkshake) of the day – not the Earth’s galaxy, as many contend. Forrest Mars, son of Frank, claims that he came up with the idea and gave it to his father.


By 1926 it had two flavours, chocolate
 and vanilla, each for a nickel. In June 1932, the Milky Way bar was sold as a two piece bar, but just four years later, in 1936, the chocolate and vanilla flavors forever parted.


Ingredients:


  1. milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, skim milk, chocolate, lactose, milkfat, soy lecithin, artificial flavor) corn syrup 
  2. sugar
  3. partially hydrogenated soybean oil
  4. skim milk 
  5. less than 2% milkfat 
  6. cocoa powder processed with alkali
  7. lactose, malted barley
  8. wheat flour
  9. salt
  10. egg whites 
  11. artificial flavor 
  12. soy protein


according to:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_ingredients_in_a_milky_way_bar#ixzz1B1B9UoV5

I got a chance to eat one bar of Milky way chocolate because my little cousin gave me one. He said I could have it. So after dinner I immediately ate it and considered it as my dessert for the night. I would like to say that it's so good to end your day with a bar of chocolate. I enjoyed eating it because it tastes good, the chewy and creamy taste of it makes you wanna grab for more and I love to look at my little cousin when he's jealous on what I am eating. 


I consider Milky Way chocolate bar rich in sugar content because obviously it is made up of  milk chocolate, sugar, cocoa powder etc. 


Eating one is good, but exceeding your own limit may be bad to your health.


Eat wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment