Sunday, January 16, 2011

DAY 2: Orion Choco Pie

My apologies for not posting any blog yesterday. I know this is a challenge so it won't happen again. 

For the second day of my challenge to myself I ate the Orion Choco pie because my Tita bought a dozen of it. So I got easily tempted and ate one of it. I was satisfied when I ate the whole thing. Although it was a bit sweet for me, but all in all it was good. I would consider it as a snack for a little boy, because it really is. 
Not just because of the size of the pie but also the taste itself. Because it's the type of taste and texture that most little kids would really love. 

A Choco Pie is a confectionery treat created and manufactured since 1974 by Orion Confectionery, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Similar to Wagon Wheels, a Choco Pie consists of two layers of chocolate-dipped cookies with a marshmallow filling.
The Choco Pie is considered a quintessential Korean treat, similar to the status of the Oreo cookie in American culture. Orion supplies the South Korean military with their Choco Pies, which are given out to soldiers in the Korean military after their first week of basic training in addition to being available in the military store.

The following are the ingredients of the Orion Choco Pie. 

  1. wheat flour
  2. sugar
  3. corn syrup 
  4. shortening - Is fat or lard from an animal or vegetable.
  5. hydrogenated vegetable oil - They are the predominant fats used in most commercial baked goods.
  6. cocoa powder
  7. whole milk powder
  8. sodium bicarbonate - It has a slightly salty, alkaline taste. 
  9. salt
  10. calcium phosphate - Is used in baking as a raising agent, it is also used in cheese products. 
  11. soy lecithin - It is sometimes used as an emulsifier and to prevent sticking. 
  12. vanillin - It is the primary component of the extract of the vanilla bean. It is also found in roasted coffee. 
  13. milk protein 
 That's why eating frequently the Orion Choco Pie could really make you a weight conscious. 

Eating one would be nice, but exceeding your limit will make you think twice.

Happy Eating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment