Friday, January 7, 2011

If you are stressed.... Eat Alfajores A.K.A Alfajor!

I would like to say sorry for not posting any blog this past few days. 
I have my valid reason. First, the internet connection was down, and second I have alot of things to do when it comes to my studies because my major exam are already trying to kill me, silently.


Back to the topic.... 
Let's talk about the best stress remover food. 

The (Mighty) Alfajores/ Alfajor.
I know we all have our own favorite food to eat to relax ourselves. But you know as a friend I will recommend you to taste Alfajores.

What is Alfajores anyway?

              It's principally a sweet sandwich of 2 round cookies with dulce de leche in the middle and sprinkled with powdered sugar or they could be rolled in coconut as well.
--- according to www.sweetsfood.com
      

              It is made of:
                        1. Dough containing flour.
                        2. Butter 
                        3. Eggs 
Alfajores
                        4. Dulce de leche (the filling)
                        5. Sugar
   
---- YUM YUM!
Where did Alfajores originated and its etymology( the origin of the word )?
        
It is found in some region of spain, then later made with some variation from Argentina and Mexico

         The word alfajor stems from the Arabic al-hasú, which means filled or stuffed.
         ---according to www.ehow.com


Why should we eat Alfajores?

        
Because you have to. Because You will miss a quarter cup of your life if you will not eat the best stress remover food. The ( Mighty) Alfajor. 



For those of you Filipinos out there wondering where could we buy a bunch of Alfajores/ Alfajor. Fortunately Mountains Maid Good Shephed has them. I don't know where else you could find them here in the Philippines. But maybe you could also buy them from your local pastry store or maybe in some malls.

Now are you craving for some Alfajores?? .........

No comments:

Post a Comment